Monday 17 October 2011

The Basics (+ some music)


Hello blog-lovers (and non-blog lovers) recently I got a lot of shtick for my blog. And I’m not used to that, I’m only used to love. I mean who doesn’t love the Book of Linda?

So a few basics first.

If you don’t like my blog, don’t read it. Simples.

If you think my blog is ‘juvenile’, then stop being patronising and all grown-up, cause that’s boring.

If you think my blog is ‘not reserved enough’ and too ‘German’ and ‘outspoken’ then you’re a racist.

If you don’t think that music (and yes boys and relationships and affection and love) are worthy to be talked about in a blog, then I pity you. Cause those are some of the big topics in life. Not exclusively but extensively.

If your horizon is too small to understand the underlying issues of everything I talk about, then you need to activate your creative thinking and imagination.

And finally, yes I could write about how Kafka was commenting on the panopticonian society in ‘The Penal Colony’ or how Lord Rochester’s often-trivialised mock-poetry really was a thinly veiled attack on polity, sexuality and society, but you know what, I CHOOSE NOT TO! So please don’t go on about how my blog is not deep enough and how there’re more important topics to talk about. There might be but this is the Book of Linda after fucking all and not the BBC.

Grrr. Okay now that that’s out of the way, here are some great tunes I’m listening to at the moment. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment